Creamy Tuscan Chicken Recipe [Video]
Creamy Tuscan Chicken is a one-pan recipe made with juicy seared chicken breasts soaked in the most delicious creamy sauce. This restaurant-quality dinner is ready in less than 30 minutes!
I love creamy and easy dishes because they are ideal to make during busy weekdays. For more amazing meals, check out my Jalapeno Popper Pasta, Chicken Marsala, and Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry.
Creamy Tuscan Garlic Chicken (Low Carb)
This Creamy Tuscan Garlic Chicken is so rich and tasty, that you will be making it over and over again. It is made with spinach, herbs, cream, and sun-dried tomatoes. A true classic Italian inspired dish that is ready in no time.
I often ordered this meal at our local Italian restaurant, and to be honest, it is one of my all-time favorite recipes ever! But now, I make this restaurant-quality dish quite easily at home. First of all, it is a super easy recipe to follow. Also, by making it at home, you will save a ton of money, and you can control/adjust the ingredients.
This way, you know exactly what you put into it, and enjoy a low carb chicken dinner with your family. Our family just loves the creamy sauce, and we always have a crusty bread on hand to dip into it! It is hard to beat this one, and is simply delicious! You can even serve it as is, or over pasta.
Ingredients for Creamy Tuscan Chicken:
You will need the following ingredients:
- Chicken breasts: I recommend going with organic boneless, skinless breasts.
- Heavy cream: It is what makes the sauce soo creamy! Also, you could use half-and-half or reduced-fat cream.
- Garlic: If you are looking for more flavor, go with freshly minced garlic. Alternatively, feel free to use garlic powder.
- Olive oil: – To sear the poultry.
- Italian seasoning: Works great with the poultry. However, if you do not like it, or do not have the seasoning on hand, feel free to use salt and pepper.
- Parmesan cheese: I recommend using the aged version.
- Fresh spinach: Baby or regular spinach will do it.
- Fresh cherry tomatoes: They are delicious and complement the dish nicely. Also, it adds a nice color to it.
How to make Creamy Tuscan Chicken?
- Sear the chicken: In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add some olive oil. Then, sear the seasoned meat for about 5-8 minutes on each side. Once browned, set aside.
- Prepare the sauce: In the same pan, prepare the sauce by cooking the garlic and combining it with the cherry tomatoes, spinach, after that add the heavy cream and parmesan cheese. Gently stir together and simmer.
- Add back the chicken: Lastly, reduce heat to low and return the poultry back to skillet and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
You can swap and add other ingredients to this dish. It is quite versatile. You could add or swap the following:
- Use other meat cuts: Instead of chicken breasts, use thighs or drumsticks. Both work perfectly well here. Also, you can follow the same recipe and use other meats as well. Pork and beef can be used instead.
- Add other veggies: For more vitamins, feel free to add other vegetables. Some great addition would be adding some bell peppers, mushrooms, or regular tomatoes.
- Swap the cheese: This recipe works great with parmesan cheese because it has a nice and strong flavor. However, if you do not have it on hand, or want to use other cheeses, simply substitute it with what you have available.
What to serve with Creamy Tuscan Chicken?
- Bread: Because this dish is so rich and creamy, you can enjoy it with a slice of bread and dip into it.
- Green Veggies: Roasted veggies, such as broccoli, asparagus, green beans are great to compliment to this meal.
- Pasta: It is probably the best pairing as it will absorb the sauce. You can use any type of pasta, starting from spaghetti to ravioli.
- Rice or mashed potatoes are also a great side dish.
How to store leftovers?
If you end up with leftovers, simply transfer the dish to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- For a creamier texture use extra heavy cream.
- As stated above, other meat cuts can be used in this recipe. Thighs or drumsticks are great alternatives.
- Prior to searing the chicken, I recommend to pat it dry with a paper towel to get rid of extra moisture.
- Also, you can cut the breasts into thinner slices to speed up the cooking process.
Creamy Tuscan Chicken is a one-pan recipe made with juicy seared chicken breasts soaked in the most delicious creamy sauce.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts boneless/skinless
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian herbs
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream more if needed
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper and Italian herbs. Set aside.
Add to the simmering oil and cook until a nice golden color, and no longer pink, about 8 minutes per side. Remove from skillet and set aside on a plate, cover well with foil.
In the same skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add cherry tomatoes and cook until they start to burst then add spinach and cook until it begins to wilt.
Stir in heavy cream and parmesan cheese and bring mixture to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer until sauce is slightly reduced, about 3 minutes.
Return chicken to skillet and cook until heated through 5 more minutes.
Serve over pasta.
I love a quick and easy one-pan dinner recipe. This sauce has my mouthwatering and I know my kids will love everything about this one.
This dinner is perfect and elegant enough for date nights! It would surely impress any guest I have over. I can’t wait to make it in my kitchen!
That cream sauce is what dreams are made of! This is going to be a hit!
Made this chicken recipe last night, the whole family loved it! So creamy and tasty
Erin | Dinners,Dishes and Dessert
I need to try this Creamy Tuscan Chicken immediately, it looks so good!
This sauce has amazing flavor!
Such a delicious meal for weeknights!