Ground Beef Stroganoff is so unbelievably creamy thanks to a few secret ingredients. Easy to make, in just 30 minutes you have an amazing dinner!
Ground Beef Stroganoff is one of my favorite pasta dinners to make. It gets extra bonus points for being so easy to make, as it only takes about 30 minutes! You only need to dirty two pots, one for the pasta and one for the sauce, bonus points for that too! This Ground Beef Stroganoff is my favorite as its extra, extra creamy and I am all about a creamy pasta dinner. I used cream cheese, sour cream and cream of mushroom soup to give it that luxurious texture. This is by all means a budget friendly meal, that can be easily made for a large family or if you have company over. If you like easy recipes using ground beef, you should try my Cheesy Taco Sloppy Joes, these are always a hit!
Recommendation on how to make the creamiest Beef Stroganoff Recipe:
- Let’s start with the fact that this is NOT a low calorie meal, please indulge into its glory!
- For the creamiest texture I like to use a mix of cream cheese, sour cream and cream of mushroom soup. That will give this dish the most amazing texture!
- If you wan’t to make the meal lighter, skip the cream cheese and cream of mushroom soup and just add a little light cream.
- For best flavors, cook the ground beef until slightly browned.
- The sauce is best served over egg noddles.
Tools I used in the making of this Ground Beef Stroganoff Recipe:
- Cast Iron Skillet – get one and you will use it forever. I like that it heats evenly and consistently and that it comes pre-seasoned for the first use.
- Cream of Mushroom Soup – this one is great for cooking!
Easy Ground Beef Stroganoff is so unbelievably creamy thanks to a few secret ingredients. Easy to make, in just 30 minutes you have an amazing dinner!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 12 oz baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) cream of mushrooms soup, I used Campbell's
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes and at room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/44 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups cooked egg noodles
- Fresh parsley, chopped
Place a large, 10 inch cast iron skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add butter and melt.
Add mushrooms, onions and garlic and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Remove from skillet to a small bowl, set aside.
Increase heat to medium-high. Add the ground beef to the skillet. Cook beef for about 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently and breaking it down. Cook it until no longer pink and it should be slightly browned. Drain excess fat.
Stir in 1 cup of beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Heat to boiling.
Whisk flour with the remaining 1/2 cup beef broth until fully combined. Stir into beef mixture. Add the cream of mushroom soup and stir to combine.
Add the cream cheese and stir to combine, breaking it down until melted.
Add the mushroom mixture to the skillet, stir and wait for it to start boiling.
Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
Remove from heat and stir in sour cream until fully combined.
Serve with cooked egg noodles.
Garnish with parsley.