Jalapeno Popper Pasta with bacon, cheddar cheese, and cream cheese is tasty, full of flavor and easily made in just one pan. It is the perfect creamy pasta dinner ready in 30 minutes.
The Best Jalapeno Popper Pasta Recipe
Jalapeño Popper Pasta combines small shell pasta, with lots of cheddar cheese, bacon crumbles, in an amazing cheesy and creamy sauce, with lots of jalapeño bites thru it. This easy, 30-minute meal made in just one pan is perfect for comforting weeknight meals.
Also, you can make it for party days, large gatherings, or game-nights. You can easily double the recipe if you need to feed a bigger crowd. This recipe is the ultimate comfort food and is always a success!
The flavor is rich and creamy, with plenty of bacon, and the mild heat from jalapenos make it irresistible. Give it a try, and you will see why this is the best mac and cheese recipe with a spicier note to it!
How to make Jalapeno Popper Pasta?
- Prepare the cream cheese mixture: In a bowl, mix together cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and bacon crumbs. Then, set aside.
- Simmer the veggies: In a skillet, over medium-high heat, cook the diced onion, for about 3-5 minutes. Then, add garlic and jalapeno.
- Add the pasta: Cook the pasta as per the package instruction. Then, add it to the skillet along with broth and cream cheese. Season with salt and pepper, and bring to boil. Simmer for about 12 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked.
- Stir in the cream cheese mixture: Once the pasta is cooked, stir in the cream cheese mixture, until properly combined.
- Garnish: Lastly, garnish with cheddar cheese, bacon crumbs, parsley, and chopped jalapenos. Serve warm.
- Want to make Chicken Jalapeno Popper Pasta? Simply, add some rotisserie, shredded, or cooked cubed chicken to the dish.
- Similarly, feel free to use or add other meats or proteins. Ham, beef, turkey, can be added to it as well.
- For a less caloric dish, replace the pork with turkey bacon.
- Use reduced-fat cheese and only use half of the amount noted in the recipe card.
- Also, you can replace the cream cheese with reduced-fat or fat-free cream cheese, or whole milk Greek yogurt.
- Feel free to use any type of pasta you love the most. Even, whole-wheat mini pasta shells will work great.
- The cream can be replaced with half and half.
How to store it?
To store it, simply let the dish completely cool. Then, transfer it to an airtight container, and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Reheat it in the microwave, or on the skillet for a few minutes, until warm.
Recommendation on how to make the best Jalapeño Popper Pasta :
- Let’s start with the fact that this is NOT a low-calorie meal, please indulge into its creamy glory!
- Also, make sure you use fresh, crispy jalapeños as they are the star of the dish.
- The bacon – obviously makes this pasta meal 100 times better. Make sure its super crispy!
- When it comes to the bacon you can cook it in the same pan: start by cooking the bacon, remove from pan, set aside and the onion and garlic and follow the rest of the recipe.
- You can also bake the bacon or you can buy cooked bacon to save time and reduce the effort.
- You can easily make this pasta dish vegetarian by omitting the bacon and by using vegetable stock.
- Use store-bought shredded cheese to reduce the prep time.
Looking for more delicious Pasta Recipes? Check these out:
- Creamy Bacon Pumpkin Pasta
- Ground Beef Stroganoff
- Crunchy Cole Slaw Pasta Salad
- Garlic Parmesan Pasta
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
JALAPENO POPPER PASTA - ONE PAN
Jalapeño Popper Pasta with bacon, cheddar cheese and cream cheese is tasty, full of flavor and easily made in just one pan.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 3 jalapeños diced
- 6 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup bacon crumbs
- 1 cup cream
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 cups mini shells pasta
- salt and pepper
- Cheddar cheese shredded
- Bacon crumbs
- Parsley chopped
- Jalapeno sliced
In a medium bowl combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese and bacon crumbs. Mix to combine and set aside.
Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is hot add the diced onion and garlic, cook for about 3 minutes, until soft. Stir occasionally.
Add in the diced jalapeños and cook for another 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Then, add the pasta, broth, and cream. Season with salt and pepper, bring to a boil and cook for about 12 minutes on low-medium heat. Stir often, so the pasta won't stick to the bottom of the pan.
Once the pasta has been cooked, stir in the cream cheese mixture. Stir on low heat until fully melted and combined.
Garnish with cheddar cheese, bacon crumbs, parsley, and chopped jalapeños.
You can cook the bacon in the same skillet from the start, remove it and crumble it or to save time, buy bacon crumbs or cooked bacon.