Crispy Fried Brussels Sprouts
Fried Brussels Sprouts recipe is easy to make with only a few ingredients, and ready in less than 30 minutes. If you love crispy side dishes, then this is one of the healthiest and easiest one you could make at home.
These delicious veggies can be enjoyed with pretty much anything. I love pairing them with Lemon Garlic Scallops, Baked Lemon Thyme Chicken, and Honey Citrus Salmon.
Easy Pan-Fried Brussels Sprouts
These Pan Fried Crispy Brussels Sprouts are a side dish that can be mixed with any meals. I am a huge fan of veggies and these are some of my favorite ones. Especially during this time of the year with Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday around the corner.
It is a perfect side dish and quite a healthy one that goes exceptionally well with a turkey, meat, or fish dish.
In addition, this recipe is ready in less than 30 minutes from start to finish. I use only 4 ingredients to make some of the best and crispiest brussels sprouts. This recipe is highly adjustable and can be made in many other ways.
For example, you can incorporate bacon in it, or make them creamy in a nide and delicious alfredo sauce.
For this version, I decided to go the classic way, and simply used minimum ingredients. Also, this is such an easy recipe that does not require any cooking skills, so can be made quickly and easily by anyone.
Are Brussels Sprouts Healthy?
Absolutely! They are very nutritious and are high in fiber, various vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. In addition, these veggies are low in carb and are great to consume if you are on a Keto diet, and can also help increase blood sugar control.
They look like small cabbages, and this is because they make part of the same family! Apart from being super healthy and nutritious, these veggies are very delicious, and can be cooked in many different ways!
Can you eat Fried Brussels Sprouts on keto?
Yes. As state above, they are low in carbs and are perfect to enjoy on a keto diet. Depending on how you serve them and what you are mixing them with, they have about 7-8 grams of carbs per 1 cup of sprouts.
How do you make Crispy Fried Brussels Sprouts?
This is one of the easiest and quickest side dishes you can make at home. You will need the following ingredients:
- Fresh Brussels Sprouts
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Chopped garlic (this is optional and you can skip garlic if not a fan)
- Clean the sprouts: Prior to cooking them, ensure you wash and cut each sprout into half. Dry them on a paper towel.
- Cook them in a skillet: Once you have them cut and cleaned, the rest is super easy. I love using a heavy bottom pan. Also, it is important to heat the pan properly and cook the veggies on high-heat. Therefore, ensure to heat the pan for a few minutes. Then, add some olive oil, and add the brussels sprouts. Cook without stirring for about 5 minutes. Then, stir and turn them upside down, and cook for another 5-7 minutes, until golden brown. During the last minute of cooking, add the minced garlic, and stir. Lastly, season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Serve: You can serve them right away as a side dish with your favorite meal.
This recipe is very versatile and can be made in many various ways. Some of my other favorite way to cook them, are:
- Bacon: Fry the sprouts with bacon. The bacon gives them a nice and delicious taste. Also, you can just skip the cooking part, and simply garnish them at the end with crunchy bacon.
- Oven-baked brussels sprouts: Similarly, you could bake them instead of frying. If you are looking for a healthier alternative, feel free to simply bake them on a baking sheet. Just mix them with some olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Also, you could use some honey and balsamic and mix them with it. Then, bake at 350 degrees F for about 15-20 minutes, until done.
- One-pan creamy garlic parmesan brussels sprouts: Love them creamy and cooked in a cheese sauce?! Then, brown the sprouts first in the skillet. Use, about 1.5 cups of heavy cream, 1/2 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese, and 1 tablespoon of butter. Add the ingredients to the skillet, and cook for about 5 minutes, until the mixture thickens and has the right consistency.
HOW TO STORE PAN FRIED BRUSSELS SPROUTS?
If you end up with leftovers or want to make this recipe in advance, then the solution is to refrigerate them. Just remember, once refrigerated, they will lose their crispiness. Simply let them cool. Then, transfer the dish to an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat prior to serving.
- To get a nice crispy texture, it is important to fry them when oil is at a high temperature. Therefore, ensure to heat up the skillet and after a few minutes, heat up the oil. Then, add the veggies to the pot.
- I love cutting them in half for this recipe. Alternatively, you could also pan-fry then whole. But the cooking time will increase.
- Use a heavy bottom pan as it will hold the temperature better, and also spread it evenly.
- In addition, once in the pan, do not move the sprouts around too much. Just leave them on one side for about 5-6 minutes, then turn upside down.
Fried Brussels Sprouts recipe is easy to make with only a few ingredients, and ready in less than 30 minutes.
- 2 pounds Brussels Sprouts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cloves garlic chopped - optional
- Parmesan cheese optional
Wash the Brussels sprouts and cut each sprout into half. Dry them well on paper towels - this is very important.
Place a heavy bottom pan over medium-high heat, heat the pan for a few minutes, after which add oil.
Add the brussels sprouts and cook without stirring for about 5 minutes. Then, stir and cook for another 5-7 minutes, until golden brown.
During the last minute of cooking, if using add the minced garlic, and stir.
Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste.
Serve as is or garnished with grated parmesan cheese.
Crispy fried brussel sprouts are one of my favorite side dishes! I also pull them apart and make them into crispy chips. SO good!
I can’t wait to make this! I love roasted brussels sprouts, and this isn’t too far from that. Looks delicious!
Oh yummy!!! I love Brussels sprouts so much and wish my family would eat them. These look delish!
I love brussels sprouts. This is a delicious way to make this veggie.
I would like to try them this way because the only recipe I have is for oven, and I don’t always want to fool with that. Stovetop is easier!
Love brussels sprouts! They are my go to side dish! I can’t wait to try your recipe!
I will try your recipe. Crispy fried brussels sprouts sound really delicious. My kids will love this. I am sure they’d ask me to double the recipe and add some crispy bacon bits too.