Baked Lemon Thyme Chicken made with just a few ingredients, with a sweet and savory flavor, ready in just 30 minutes in one pan!
Baked Lemon Thyme Chicken is one of the easiest and very flavorful chicken dishes you can make. I am on a mission to show you many varieties how you can prepare chicken thighs. I have proclaimed my love for chicken thighs on the blog many times. They are cheap, easy to make and you can cook so many varieties. These Baked Lemon Thyme Chicken thighs are baked in a sweet and savory sauce made with garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, thyme and maple syrup! The sweet and savory combo is very tasty, the meat is soft and infused with a fresh lemon aroma.
Looking for more ways to cook chicken thighs? Check out these recipes:
- Chipotle Orange Chicken Thighs
- Honey Balsamic Chicken Thighs
- Honey Lemon Garlic Chicken – can be made with chicken thighs too
- One Pan Salsa Verde Chicken Thighs
- Creamy Lemon Thyme Chicken – can be made with chicken thighs too
Tips and Tricks to make the perfect One Pan Baked Lemon Thyme Chicken Thighs:
- I like making this dish with chicken thighs, but it works great with chicken breasts as well. If you will be using chicken breasts, bake them for 15-18 minutes at 425 degrees F and if you want a brown, crispy top, turn on the broiler on high for the last 3-4 minutes of baking.
- For the best flavors and if you have time, its better to marinate the chicken for 1-6 hours. But you can also bake it right away if you are short one time.
- You can make the chicken as spicy as you want, based on your personal preference, for that add some pepper flakes or paprika.
- Don’t skip the lemon zest, it adds amazing flavor!
- Maple syrup can be replaced with honey.
- First, wash the lemon and zest it after that juice it. If you squeeze the juice first, its very hard to get the zest after.
- Serve the chicken garnished with parsley with rice and veggies on the side.
Lemon Thyme Chicken made with just a few ingredients, with a sweet and savory flavor, ready in just 30 minutes in one pan!
- 3-4 chicken thighs bone in and skin on
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 lemon zested
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lemon halved
- Lemon zest
- Fresh thyme
Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
In a medium bowl combine olive oil, maple syrup, dried thyme, minced garlic, lemon juice and lemon zest. Stir to combined.
If you have time, add the mixture over the chicken in a deep pan or large ziplock bag and marinate for 2-6 hours. If no, bake it right away in a pre-heated oven.
Lightly grease a deep baking dish or pan with olive oil, add chicken to the pan skin side up.
Pour the mixture over the chicken and bake for 25-30 minutes, until browned and cooked through.
From time to time, brush the chicken with the juices from the pan while baking or use a spoon, to scoop it over the chicken.
For a crispy, brown top, brush the chicken with the juices from the pan and turn the broiler on high for the final 5 minutes of roasting and broil the chicken until it is cooked through and extra browned on top. Watch it closely, so it doesn't burn.
Once the chicken is cooked, remove the pan from the oven, brush the chicken with the juices from the pan and loosely cover the pan with aluminum foil. Let the chicken rest for 5-10 minutes.
Garnish with fresh lemon and thyme.
Serve and enjoy!