Honey Citrus Salmon – One Pan
One Pan Honey Citrus Salmon is a healthy sweet and savory dish baked in a refreshing citrusy sauce. A quick and delicious dinner meal that is ready in less than 30 minutes.
You can enjoy it as is, or pair with some Green Beans, Crispy Fried Brussels, and Brussels Sprouts Salad.
Baked Salmon With Honey Citrus Glaze
Honey Citrus Salmon is such an easy meal that is made in one pan and it will take you just 30 minutes. It is a delicious, healthy and hearty dish that can be enjoyed for holidays or weekend dinner.
I love a good salmon dish, especially when its combined with refreshing citrus flavor! The touch of honey adds a nice sweetness to the overall savory dish. Bright and refreshing, this Baked Honey Glazed Citrus Salmon is perfect for a quick and healthy meal.
Also, you can cook the whole filet, or cut it into individual servings. Then, add them to foil pockets and bake.
How to make Honey Orange Glazed Salmon?
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Then, season the salmon with salt and pepper, and place it skin-side down on the baking sheet.
- Combine the honey, lime juice, olive oil, and orange juice; stir until well blended. Pour it over the fillet.
- Top with sliced lemon and oranges, and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve warm with your favorite side dish.
How to store it?
If you have leftover, simply transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate up to 3 days. To freeze, use a freezer-safe dish, and freeze for up to 3 months.
More delicious easy dinner ideas:
- Baked Lemon Thyme Chicken
- Shrimp Fried Rice
- Lemon Garlic Scallops
- Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes
- Korean Chicken Bowls
Tips and Tricks to make the perfect One Pan Honey Citrus Salmon:
- I like eating fish, but I always try to buy wild-caught, which I highly recommend as well. Also, you can read about the benefits of wild-caught fish here.
- Run your finger over the salmon fillet before cooking to make sure there are no pin bones.
- In addition, for more enhanced flavor, I would recommend to let the salmon sit in the citrus mixture for 5-10 minutes to absorb it prior to cooking.
- Add more or less honey, adjust to your own preference.
- The garlic can be skipped, but I like the savory flavor it adds.
- When cooking salmon, it’s better to undercook than overcook. Therefore, I like to start checking a big piece like this after 15 minutes.
- When baking, it’s better to cover the salmon with foil, so it doesn’t dry out on the top and it cooks more uniformly.
- You can top the salmon with 2-3 tablespoons of melted butter, to make it extra flaky and the sauce creamier.
- Add a few red pepper flakes for a spicer touch.
- Serve with rice or a green salad.
Tools/Ingredients I use to make this One Pan Honey Citrus Salmon:
- Sheet Pan – I love, love this pan! It’s durable and non-stick!
One Pan Honey Citrus Salmon takes only 30 minutes to make. This healthy meal is a great combo of sweet and savory and refreshing citrus flavor.
- 1 salmon filet wild caught
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1 lime sliced
- 1/2 orange sliced
- 1/2 orange juiced
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
Place the salmon in the middle of the foil and season with salt and pepper.
Combine honey and olive oil, and drizzle over the salmon.
Rub the garlic onto the salmon.
Drizzle fresh orange juice over the salmon.
Top with sliced lemon, lime and orange.
Pull the sides and ends of the aluminum foil up and pinch together, covering the salmon completely.
Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork.
eat good 4 life
I love fish with citrus flavors. The pairing is just perfect and this recipe looks divine. The perfect healthy and easy dish.
These flavors are so perfect for salmon… love this meal!
Patricia @ Grab a Plate
I’m such a salmon fan, and I just love how easy to make this dish is! I also love alllll the citrus flavor – so nice!
Amy @ Little Dairy on the Prairie
This looks amazing! I love how easy it is to make too!!
Wow, this salmon looks SO good!
carrie @ frugal foodie mama
This salmon looks perfect! And I loving the bright citrus flavor you added to it. 🙂
This salmon looks amazing! I wish this was for dinner!
That looks so so good, thanks for sharing! Definitely will be trying this soon!
Fixed it and my family loved it
The best flavors for salmon I have ever had!
Erin | Dinners,Dishes and Dessert
This Citrus Salmon looks absolutely delicious! Yummy!
katerina @ diethood.com
The flavors in this salmon are amazing! I can’t wait to try this!
Beti | easyweeknightrecipes
This salmon looks incredibly delicious!!
Salmon + orange is such a great combo!
I seriously love the combination of flavors! So good!