Sometimes, after a hearty meal, all you need is a cool beverage so try this recipe! Check out my recipes for Chocolate Cherry Smoothie, Blueberry Lemonade, and Irish Coffee for more refreshing options.
Beet Juice Recipe
Detox Beet Juice is healthy and easy to prepare which makes it a regular in our household. I love how I only use the freshest ingredients, no sugar, and no preservatives.
It is a great thirst-quencher all-year-round, not just for summer! The main ingredient, the beetroot, is a healthy vegetable, and adding the other vegetables makes this drink even more nutritious.
Detoxification is a natural process wherein the body expels harmful chemicals. Through it, you invigorate your body to its full potential, and sometimes people even do it to lose weight.
Through this recipe, you will have an all-natural drink that is free from all the unwanted chemicals that will not benefit your body. Instead, you get the most out of the natural sweetness and flavors of the ingredients.
It is also a nice way to incorporate veggies into the kids’ diet. Since it is a fun, fresh, and colorful drink, it will be hard for them to say no! Just perfect for the whole family!
What do you need to make Detox Beet Juice?
For this recipe, you will need a juicer and these ingredients:
- beets: tastes earthy and slightly bitter
- carrots: slightly sweet and bitter
- celery ribs: crunchy and earthy
- lemon: it adds sourness that is a nice balance with the sweetness
- lime: just like the lemon but this one has a slightly bitter taste
- cucumber: has a refreshing taste
- green and red apples: sweet and tangy
- flat-leaf parsley: fresh and slightly bitter
How to make Detox Beet Juice?
Just wash everything and chop into smaller pieces so that they fit in the tube of the juicer. Feed each piece into the juicer, then serve immediately or chill in the fridge first.
Is Beet Juice healthy?
Yes! The beet itself is composed of mostly water, carbs, and fiber. And the addition of fresh fruits and vegetables that are equally nutritious makes this drink healthy.
Instead of buying commercially available drinks, this recipe is an easy one that you can make at home and enjoy without the added sugar and preservatives.
Here are some of what you will get with this juice:
- beets: rich in folate, manganese, iron, potassium, and vitamin C and this vegetable can help lower blood pressure and improve stamina
- carrots: good source vitamin A that is linked to good vision
- celery ribs: have anti-inflammatory properties and loss of vitamins and antioxidants
- lemon and lime: rich in vitamin C that is good for the heart, skin, and kidneys
- cucumber: low in calories and promotes hydration that prevents constipation
- green and red apples: rich in antioxidants and fiber that are good for weight loss, cancer and asthma prevention, and gut health
- flat-leaf parsley: low in calories and high in antioxidants and vitamins A, C, and K that are good for the bones and eyes
Can you drink Beet Juice every day?
Yes! It has good nutritional value and in the long run, you will reap the benefits with consistent intake.
How to Store Beet Juice?
Make sure to refrigerate it within two hours and it can stay good for up to 2 days.
- You can dilute it with a little bit of water if you find the flavor to be too intense and earthy.
- Add more fruits to sweeten it like oranges. Adding ginger also adds zing and it is quite healthy, too, with its anti-inflammatory properties.
- The best ingredients to use would be organic ones so that you can also juice them without removing the skin.
Detox Beet Juice
- 1 pound beets washed with ends cut off
- 2 carrots washed with ends cut off
- 2 celery ribs washed and cut
- 1 lemon peeled and quartered
- 1 lime peeled and quartered
- 1 cucumber
- 2 green apples quartered
- 1 red apple quartered
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley washed
Wash produce and chop.
Run the vegetable and fruit pieces through the juicer.
Remove and discard formed foam and stir juice.
Serve or chill.