One Pot Garlic Parmesan Pasta is an easy family dinner made with pasta and soaked in a deliciously rich and creamy sauce. A quick and simple dish that is ready in about 30 minutes.
Easy One-Pot Garlic Parmesan Pasta
This One Pan Garlic Parmesan Pasta is such a universal dish that it can be enjoyed as a main dish or side dish. Also, it is a kid-friendly meal, and they fall in love with this recipe as well.
The buttery and creamy sauce complements the pasta nicely making it one of our favorite comfort foods of all time!
The fact that requires a few simple ingredients and is ready in less than 30 minutes makes it even better. Especially, if you have a full and busy day, this dish comes quite handy. In addition, feel free to make it ahead and store it for later.
Leftovers are delicious and taste even better the following days as the pasta soaks all the cream inside.
What do I need to make Garlic Parmesan Pasta?
You will need the following ingredients:
- Pasta – Feel free to use your favorite types, such as spaghetti, penne, macaroni or fettuccine. Any pasta will work, so use whatever you have available.
- Parmesan cheese – Because cheese is the central ingredient here, I highly recommend using some good quality one. Go with aged version, and shred it at home. I do not like using already packed, shredded cheese.
- Chicken broth – For the sauce, I tend to use a little chicken stock. You can also use vegetable stock as well.
- Heavy cream – This is what makes this dish so creamy and delicious. So do not hesitate using it. Also, you can substitute it with half and half or milk. However, I recommend sticking with cream as it gives a nice and thick texture to it.
- Garlic – Use freshly minced garlic.
- Olive oil or butter – just a bit to saute the garlic in it.
- Salt and pepper – to taste.
- Parsley – To garnish I tend to add some chopped parsley. If not a fan, simply skip it.
How to make One Pot Garlic Parmesan Pasta?
- Start by heating up some olive oil or some butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Then, add the minced garlic, and cook for about 1 minute. Stir.
- Next, add in the chicken broth, cream, and pasta to the pot. Season with salt and pepper, add lemon zest and red pepper flakes, mix.
- Let it come to boil, and then reduce heat and simmer, while occasionally stirring. Let it simmer until the pasta is cooked through, for about 15 to 18 minutes.
- Lastly, once the pasta is cooked, shred in the Parmesan, if using stir in the cherry tomatoes. Garnish with some chopped parsley.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
This recipe is very versatile and can be made with various other ingredients. Some nice variations are:
- Add Veggies: Feel free to add some veggies to the mix. It will give the dish a nice color as well. I like adding spinach, asparagus, or broccoli. However, you can use your favorite vegetables.
- Shrimp Garlic Parmesan Pasta: Shrimp is probably the next best thing to add to it. It is also one of the most popular versions of this dish, so go ahead and sear some shrimp, and mix it in. It is quite delicious!
- Seared Chicken or Steak: For some extra flavor and protein intake, I would recommend searing some meat in the skillet and incorporating it into this dish. Also, you can use rotisserie chicken or leftover meat.
Can I make One Pot Garlic Parmesan Pasta in advance?
Absolutely! This is one of those meals that can easily be made ahead. Simply prepare the meal following the instructions below. Then, let it completely cool and transfer to an airtight container. Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
It tastes even better the following days. Do not forget to reheat it prior to serving.
- Feel free to use any pasta you love or have available.
- Heavy cream can be substituted with milk or half and half. Just remember that the consistency will be thinner. Therefore, I would recommend adding some extra shredded cheese.
- Also, use good parmesan cheese and skip the pre-shredded version. Go with aged wedge and shred it yourself at home. It will taste so much better.
- You can enjoy this as a main dish, or pair it with other meats or a salad on the side. Also, garlic bread complements it nicely!
- When adding the cheese, ensure to add it gradually as opposed to all at once. This way it will form a nice and consistent texture.
One Pot Garlic Parmesan Pasta is an easy family dinner made with pasta and soaked in a deliciously rich and creamy sauce.
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/2 tablespoon flour optional
- 4 tablespoons butter unsalted
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 cup cream or half and half - at room temperature
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 oz. fettuccine pasta
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped to garnish
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
Toss the cheese with ½ Tablespoon of flour and set aside.
Place a large skillet over medium heat and add the butter. Once melted add the minced garlic and cook for 1 min, stirring as it cooks.
Add the chicken broth and the cream. Add the lemon zest and red pepper flakes.
Add the pasta and simmer it for 8-10 minutes. Stir it every 30 seconds and once ready remove it from heat.
Gradually stir in the Parmesan cheese, stirring until smooth and well-combined.
optionally squeeze a little lemon juice on top.
Sprinkle the halved cherry tomatoes on top and the chopped parsley.
Garnish with lemon wedges and serve warm.