Detox Salad with Avocado Dressing
Detox Salad is a healthy salad full of flavors with crisp vegetables, toasted almonds, creamy avocados, and drizzled with a homemade avocado ginger dressing. You may see this as a crunchy detox salad because of all the fresh raw veggies.
Besides this ultimate detox salad, you can also try one of our other easy and delicious salad recipes. Our Avocado Corn Salad has tomatoes, sweet corn, avocados, red onions, and radishes for a crispy and vibrant flavor.
If you had too much to drink last night or have been feeling sluggish and bloated, this is the best detox salad for that.
Eat a large bowl of this every day and you will be feeling lighter and less bloated in fust a few days. And the best part is that it tastes delicious!
This dish is full of vitamins and minerals including vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, folate, potassium, and selenium. In fact, it is the perfect dish for your New Year resolution to get healthy and begin a detox diet.
If you want some meat in your salad, our creamy Turkey Salad with Dijon mayo is perfect. Similarly, this Crab Salad boasts chunks of crab meat and celery with a creamy dressing.
But before you head off to the store, check our ingredients list because you may already have these common items. You will find our easy step-by-step instructions on our recipe card below but here is the ingredient list for this great recipe.
- Kale leaves: Finely chopped.
- Broccoli florets: Finely chopped.
- Cauliflower florets: Finely chopped.
- Spinach leaves
- Red cabbage: Finely chopped.
- Shredded carrots: Freshly shredded.
- Cilantro leaves: Roughly chopped.
- Slivered almonds: Toasted.
- Green onions: Sliced thin.
- Avocados: Peeled, pitted and diced.
Avocado Dressing Ingredients:
- Avocado: Peeled and roughly chopped.
- Rice wine vinegar
- Avocado or olive oil: Or any mild cooking oil.
- Fresh ginger: Finely chopped.
- Honey: Or a different healthy sweetener that you like.
- White miso: Shiro.
- Sesame oil: Toasted.
- Kosher salt and black pepper
How do you make detox salad from scratch?
- Prepare: First, chop all of the vegetables with a food processor, blender, or by hand.
- Make the salad: Then, add all the ingredients to a large bowl and toss it to combine it well. Serve it immediately with our dressing.
- Make the dressing: Last, put all of the ingredients into a food processor or blender and pulse until it is completely smooth. Season and sprinkle on top of your plate.
- Lemon dressing: Alternatively, try lemon dressing with fresh lemons, olive oil, Dijon mustard, honey, and garlic.
- Green goddess detox salad: Make this dressing with chives, parsley, white wine vinegar, anchovies, sour cream, and mayo.
- More veggies: Add some other fresh vegetables like snap peas, grape tomatoes, fresh kale,
- Add fruit: Feel free to add some of your favorite fruits to this salad for a sweet flavor.
- More greens: You can also add other greens such as turnip greens, mustard greens, or bok choy.
How to serve:
This is one of those delicious detox salads that are perfect as a side dish, a meal, or just an afternoon snack. It is one of the great examples of how to cleanse your system and boost immunity while still tasting great. Here are some serving ideas:
- This goes great with any meal like these air fryer zucchini fritters.
- Add some homemade orange sauce instead of the avocado ginger dressing.
- You could also toss in some of these parmesan brussels sprouts for even more healthy cleansing.
- For a double detox, eat this with a glass of detox water.
- Another way to serve this is with this pasta primavera.
- Toss your leftovers into this cabbage salad for more crunch and flavor.
Frequently asked questions
What is detox salad?
It has become very popular to detoxify yourself with some kind of juice, vegetable, or salad. The main idea is to restore balance to your body and cleanse your digestive system.
Doing this boosts your immune system, rids your body of toxins and free radicals, and can even help with weight loss.
There are many different detox salad recipes, but the basics include some kind of greens, vegetables, and maybe some nuts, berries, or fruit.
Our recipe includes kale, broccoli, cabbage, and carrots as well as almonds, green onions, avocados, and cilantro leaves. Many people like to add beans, quinoa, or flax seeds too.
What can I drink to detox my body?
There are a variety of detox drinks as well. Some of these include mint tea, ginger and lemon tea, fenugreek water, turmeric tea, or kale and lemon juice.
Because of the array of detox vegetables and fruits, you can mix up just about any detoxing food and make a juice that will help rid your system of nasty additives.
Any kind of cruciferous vegetable is good to add to your drink.
What foods naturally detox your body?
Besides detox salad, or in addition to it, there are also many detox foods you can eat that will cleanse your body naturally.
Some of these include spinach, beets, sunflower seeds, collard greens, red onion, artichokes, and kale as well as avocado, asparagus, grapefruit, pumpkin seeds, and broccoli.
You could eat these raw on their own, add them to a salad, or puree them for a cleansing drink.
How to store leftovers:
- Store: As you probably already know, salads of any kind do not tend to stay crispy and delicious for more than one or two days. This one can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to two days.
- Freeze: Freezing is not recommended.
- Using a food processor for this recipe is a big help. You can shred and chop all your veggies in a fraction of the time you could do it by hand.
- If you add salad dressing, make sure it is healthy as well or it defeats the purpose of the detox. Lemon vinaigrette is a great choice, and it is full of vitamin C.
- Some excellent cruciferous vegetables include cauliflower, bok choy, kale, broccoli, radishes, bell pepper, and brussels sprouts.
- Remember, healthy fats are good such as fatty fish, seeds, nuts, and olive oil.
Detox Salad is a healthy salad full of flavors with crisp vegetables, toasted almonds, creamy avocados, and drizzled with avocado dressing.
- 3 cups finely-chopped kale leaves
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 2 cups finely-chopped broccoli florets
- 2 cups finely-chopped cauliflower florets
- 2 cups finely-chopped red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/3 cup thinly-sliced green onions
- 2 avocados peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 large avocados peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon finely-chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon white miso
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
Add all the salad ingredients to a large bowl, and toss to combine.
Add all the dressing ingredients to a blender or food processor, and pulse until completely smooth.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Pour over the salad, toss to combine, and serve.
Oh yes please, this is my kind of salad. I tend to love all things with avocado.
This salad looks so yummy, I can’t wait to give it a try.
I have never made an avocado dressing before, but this sounds like an amazing combination between the salad ingredients and the dressing. I’ll have to try your recipe!
I love a good salad and this one looks SO good! I love anything avocado!!
Eileen M Loya
The salad looks so delicious! I love salads and it is almost always present in our every meal. I will make your detox salad soon. I have to get a few more ingredients when I do my grocery run this week.
This is the perfect detox after the Holidays! This is what I need after overeating at the parties and all the gatherings on Christmas.
Wow! This looks like a really amazing recipe that I should try! It look so good!
Rose Ann Sales
Oh my! That looks really yummy! I haven’t tried this recipe before, I’m surely gonna try this out!
I am all over this. Yum. This looks amazing.
This does look tasty. I love the sound of the avocado dressing, that must be amazing!!!