Avocado Corn Salad is healthy, light, and has a nice creaminess thanks to the avocado. A filling meal by itself, or as a side dish to grilled meat and fish!
I love rich, indulgent meals as much as anyone, but it’s also important to balance it out with healthy items. This refreshing Detox Beet Juice will make you feel great from the inside out! For a breakfast that’s good for your tummy, try my Yogurt Oatmeal Pancakes. Finally, get an energy boost from this No-Bake Granola Bars. Enjoy any time of the day!
Avocado Corn Salad is a guilt-free way to load up on delicious vegetables. I enjoy it as a quick lunch, starter, or an easy side dish. It’s good for the body too!
The avocado has tons of healthy fats, while the corn adds protein, fiber, and vitamins. Red onions, cherry tomatoes, and cucumbers are low in calories and add fantastic flavor to the dish.
Aside from being healthy, this dish looks absolutely beautiful. They say we eat with the eyes, and one look at this salad will get your appetite going. Add this to your regular side dish rotation!
Ingredients for Avocado Corn Salad
Get the freshest ingredients possible because they truly shine in this dish. The recipe calls for perfectly ripe and creamy avocados, juicy cherry tomatoes, and plump kernels.
The red onion adds a sharp bite that cuts through those creamy and tangy flavors. You’ll also need crunchy cucumbers and fresh cilantro.
For the dressing, you’ll emulsify lime juice with minced garlic in extra virgin olive oil. Season to taste with black pepper and sea salt and some oregano.
How to make Avocado Corn Salad
- Slice and mix the vegetables. You may also arrange them as desired on a serving plate or in a bowl.
- Whisk the ingredients for the dressing together.
- Toss everything together.
- Serve immediately.
- Add heat with chili flakes.
- Make the dressing more fragrant by adding chopped basil.
- Add your favorite veggies like lettuce, kale, or spinach.
- Crumble feta cheese on top or any desired cheese.
- Use lemon in place of the lime.
- Add fruits like grapes!
- Mix orange juice with the dressing for a hint of sweetness.
How to cook corn on the cob?
There are several ways to do this:
- Grill for around 5 minutes. Do this on high heat to add smoky grill marks.
- Microwave in the husk for around 5 minutes.
- Steam it.
- Bake it in the oven.
- Cut off the kernels and sauté in oil for a few minutes.
- Aside from grilling, you can also use a kitchen blow torch or hold it over open gas stove flames to get a char.
How to boil corn on the cob?
- Boil a pot of water.
- Sprinkle salt. Be generous with the amount to brighten up the flavor of the corn. The kernel themselves won’t absorb too much salt, so don’t worry about that.
- Let the water reach a rolling boil.
- Clean the husk and strings off the cob.
- Drop them in the water and set the timer to half an hour. Check doneness around the 20-minute mark, and pull out if it’s already cooked.
Can I use frozen corn?
Yes. Not everyone has access to fresh corn, but that doesn’t mean you have to miss out on an awesome Avocado Corn Salad recipe.
Frozen is a great substitute. Thaw and follow preparations on the package.
More delicious salad recipes:
- BLT Salad with Blue Cheese
- Grilled Chicken Fajita Salad Recipe
- Homemade Caesar Salad
- Beet Salad with Goat Cheese Recipe
- Greek Salad
Can you make it in advance?
Sure, you can! You can prepare the components ahead. Cook the corn. Slice your avocado. Cut the red onions. Slice the cucumbers in thin rounds. For the tomatoes, you can leave them whole because you can put them in the dish whole.
As for the dressing, you can mix it up and store in a bottle until ready to use. It’s a great way for the flavors to meld! On the day of serving, arrange in a plate or in a bowl, then toss with the lime garlic dressing.
- If you’re slicing the avocados in advance, toss it in a little lemon or lime juice to prevent browning.
- No frozen or fresh corn? Feel free to use kernels from the can.
Avocado Corn Salad is healthy, light, and has a nice creaminess thanks to the avocado.
- 1 lb tomatoes ripe, washed and halved
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 2 cups cucumbers sliced
- 2 avocados peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup radish cut into rounds
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
In a large salad bowl, combine all salad ingredients.
Mix the dressing ingredients, and drizzle on top of the salad.
Toss to combine and serve.