One Pan Chicken Alfredo Pasta is an easy chicken dinner dish that is ready in about 30 minutes. This recipe is perfect for busy weeknights, and one of the best comfort foods that can quickly be made at home!
I love making quick and easy dishes for the whole family to enjoy. If you are looking for other delicious one-pan recipes, check out Cheesy Chorizo Pasta, Chicken Ranch and Bacon Pasta, and Lemon Garlic Scallops.
The Best Chicken Alfredo Pasta Recipe
One Pan Chicken Alfredo is one of the easiest chicken recipes because of how quick it is to prepare. It is the perfect recipe for busy weekdays, that is ready in no time.
First, you simply brown the meat, then toss the rest of the ingredients in one pan, and you end up with one of the best comfort foods out there. Also, it is so rich, creamy, and flavorful, that you are guaranteed to come back for more!
This recipe will beat any restaurant dish out there. I used to enjoy the Olive Garden Chicken Alfredo, but this recipe tastes so much better! Also, it is cheaper, healthier, and you can make a larger batch to enjoy the next day. You just can’t beat that!
We love serving this alongside a simple salad, and kids love it just as much as adults. All in all, this is a must-try dish, that is also super easy to prepare and clean up!
How To Make One Pan Chicken Alfredo?
For exact steps and measures, please see the recipe card below. Also, watch the short step by step video tutorial attached, and see how easy and simple this recipe is!
- Prepare and brown the meat: Start by cutting the breasts into about 1-inch pieces. Then, lightly season with some salt and pepper. Then, pour some olive oil in a pan, and brown the chicken over medium-high heat. Ensure to brown the meat on both side, but do not cook it all the way through, as it will continue cooking with the cream.
- Add the rest of the ingredients: Once the chicken is browned, add the minced garlic, and saute for about one minute. Next, add chicken broth, cream, and uncooked pasta to pan.
- Simmer: Turn up the heat until the mixture starts to simmer. Then cover the pan and turn the heat back to a simmer for about 15-20 minutes, or until pasta is ready to serve.
- Serve: Enjoy it warm as is, or add some shredded cheese on top.
What Type of Pasta is Best to Use?
This is a very versatile dish and can be made with any type of pasta. Just use whatever kind you like. A long, flat noodle-like fettuccine is a common type to use. I like using shell pasta, as it absorbs the sauce best, and it gives this dish a creamy texture.
Can I substitute Half and Half?
How do You Thicken Alfredo Sauce?
The sauce thickens as it simmers, therefore you do not need to add anything else to it.
- As stated above, feel free to substitute the half and half with heavy cream or milk.
- Also, this recipe works with darker meat. Instead of using breasts, feel free to use thighs. Just ensure to cook them through, as the thighs take a little longer time to cook in the pan.
- You can also add other ingredients to it, like some veggies, such as spinach, or some shredded parmesan cheese. Or, you can top it with some crunchy bacon!
- It is important not to overcook the pasta. Therefore, try to turn the heat off just when it is al dente, as it will still cook a bit even when removed from the heat.
One Pan Chicken Alfredo Pasta
One Pan Chicken Alfredo Pasta is an easy chicken dinner dish that is ready in about 30 minutes.
- 4 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 2 pounds chicken breast cut into 1-inch cubes
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 quart chicken broth low sodium
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 pound medium shell pasta
- 4 cups parmesan cheese freshly shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
Cut chicken breasts into 1-inch pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
Place a large pan over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and brown the chicken. If needed, brown it in batches to prevent overcrowding.
Once the chicken is browned, add two more tablespoons of olive oil and minced garlic, stir and saute for about one minute.
Add chicken broth, heavy cream, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, and uncooked pasta, stir to combine.
Once the mixture starts to boil, cover and reduce heat to a simmer.
Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until pasta is tender, stir occasionally.
Remove from heat and stir in 3 cups of shredded parmesan cheese. Taste and adjust for salt and pepper.
Serve sprinkled with fresh parsley and remaining cheese.