Tuscan Chicken Pasta is a quick and easy one-pan dish made with crispy chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, shell pasta, and soaked in a creamy white sauce. It is loaded with irresistible Italian flavors, and ready in about 30 minutes.
Easy Tuscan Chicken Pasta
This Loaded Tuscan Chicken Pasta is rich, super creamy, and is ready in under 30 minutes. This is a quick restaurant-quality dish, that you can make at home on a budget. Also, you just need a few ingredients to prepare it. Both kids and adults love it, and leftovers taste even better the next day.
In this recipe, I go with shell-pasta, as it absorbs the creamy sauce best. However, it can be made with other pasta types, so feel free to substitute if you desire. Once you make it at home, you will fall in love with this dish.
The flavors are just amazing, and it tastes like it is straight from an Italian restaurant. Give it a try, and you will not be making pasta any other way! It will quickly become your go-to dish.
How to make creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta?
- Prepare and cook the meat: In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, add some olive oil. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side until the meat is brown. Once cooked, remove and set aside. Then, cut the breasts into thinner slices.
- Cook the rest of the ingredients: Add garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, and Italian seasoning to skillet and cook stirring over medium heat for about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add liquids and pasta: Next, to make the creamy sauce, add the heavy cream, chicken brown and the pasta. Bring to a boil and after that simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add the cheese: Next, stir in some of the cheese until fully melted.
- Garnish and serve: Feel free to garnish with some shredded parmesan cheese. Serve warm.
- This dish is very versatile and can be adjusted based on your own preference. Some nice substitutions/additions are as follows:
- Add some crispy bacon at the end of the cooking process and toss everything together. Also, bacon can be used to garnish it.
- Feel free to use other pasta types. Although I love using shells in this recipe, you can go with spaghetti, penne, rigatoni, or angel hair.
- Add your favorite veggies. I love how spinach is integrated into this meal and is one of my main greens to use here. But, other veggies can be used as well. Some great additions would be red pepper, bell pepper, or even kale.
What to Serve with Tuscan Chicken Pasta?
Can I use other types of meat in this recipe?
Yes. As state above, this is a very versatile dish and can be easily adjusted. For example, you could add rotisserie chicken to save some time. Also, other meat parts can be used, such as thighs, or darker meat.
How to store Tuscan Chicken Pasta?
If you have leftover, let it cool prior to storing. Then, transfer it to an airtight dish, and store in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat prior to serving.
- Ensure not to overcook the pasta. Ideally, it should be al dente, as it will later be cooked with the creamy sauce.
- Also, for a saucier pasta, feel free to add more cream, and more parmesan cheese to achieve that texture.
- I love using freshly minced garlic here, as it truly gives this dish a nice flavor. Adjust the garlic as per your own preference, or omit it altogether if not a fan of it.
- This recipe can be easily doubled. If you have a larger family or hosting a party, double the ingredients.
Tuscan Chicken Pasta
Tuscan Chicken Pasta is a quick and easy one-pan dish made with crispy chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, shell pasta, and soaked in a creamy white sauce.
- 4 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 2 pounds chicken breasts cut into 1-inch cubes
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning herbs
- 1 quart low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 pound shells pasta
- 1 1/2 cups parmesan cheese freshly shredded
- Salt and pepper
Season cubed chicken with 1/2 a teaspoon of kosher salt and some ground black pepper.
Add 2 tablespoon of olive oil to a large pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, brown the chicken in two batches to prevent overcrowding. Cook the chicken until golden brown.
Once the chicken has been browned, add 2 more tablespoons of olive oil and minced garlic, Italian seasoning and sun-dried tomatoes. Saute for about one minute.
Add chicken broth, heavy cream, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, and uncooked pasta to the pan and stir.
Once the mixture starts to bubble, cover and reduce the heat to a simmer.
Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until pasta is tender.
Remove from heat and stir in spinach until wilted.
Stir in 2 cups of shredded Parmesan cheese.
Sprinkle with fresh parsley, remaining 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese and serve.