White Christmas Margarita is a beautiful, festive cocktail featuring tequila, refreshing cranberry juice, and creamy coconut. This lush drink will get you in the mood for the holidays!
Now that you’ve the drinks taken care of, complete your holiday feast with the perfect appetizers! Impress your guests with this elegant Smoked Salmon Dip and encourage them to mingle while enjoying this Cheddar Ranch Cheese Ball. Don’t forget to set out a plate of these colorful Christmas Trash Cookies for the little ones!
Lime Coconut Margarita
White Christmas Margarita looks like a snowy Christmas morning in a glass! It’s a winter update on the classic summer cocktail. You’ve got all the tropical flavors of tequila, lime, and fruit liqueur shaken up with coconut cream plus a splash of coconut rum.
Aside from being gorgeous and delicious, it’s also a breeze to make. It’s a great choice for busy hosts! You can make it in individual glasses, or mix it up in a pitcher and invite everyone to help themselves. You can also make it ahead because it will keep well for a couple of weeks. Have a merry and bright holiday with the ultimate Christmas cocktail!
What is margarita?
It’s a classic Mexican cocktail that typically includes tequila, fresh lime juice, and triple sec or orange liqueur served in a glass rimmed with salt or sugar. Variations include frozen (blended with crushed ice), on the rocks (shaken with ice), or served without ice.
White Christmas Margarita ingredients:
- Tequila: Silver tequila is best for margaritas, especially for a white drink like this.
- Cointreau: This orange liqueur gives the cocktail a tropical twist!
- White cranberry juice: Lightens up the alcohol and punches the fruitiness of the drink.
- Lime juice: Essential for any margarita! It also cuts through the creaminess of the coconut.
- Agave nectar: I love the light sweetness of agave and how it complements tequila.
- Coconut cream: Get the full-fat version for extra creaminess!
- Coconut rum: Optional, but intensifies the coconut flavor so well.
- Garnishes: You’re going to need slices of lime, coarse salt, and coconut flakes.
How to make White Christmas Margarita?
- Prepare. Measure out the alcohol and other ingredients. Grind the salt with the coconut flakes finely and mix them up. Lay out on a plate.
- Get the glasses ready. Take the glasses and firmly brush a wedge of lime around the rim. Dip the edge into the crushed salt-coconut. Drop a couple of ice cubes in the glass.
- Shake. Use a shaker or whisk to combine all the cocktail ingredients. Pour into the prepared glasses.
- Serve. Serve immediately, garnished with a slice of lime.
Recipe substitutions and variations:
- Use other alcohol: Try this with vodka, white rum, citrus liqueur, triple sec, or Grand Marnier
- Use other juices: You can also make this with white grape juice, kiwi juice, or even aloe vera or cucumber juice.
- Make it non-alcoholic: Skip the tequila and triple sec, and substitute with non-alcoholic margarita mix.
- Blend it: For a fun twist, blend it with some crushed ice for a frozen White Christmas Margarita!
What is the best tequila for Margaritas?
I recommend using silver tequila for this cocktail, regardless of brand. This variety is only aged up to two years, and it has a strong flavor that goes very well with other ingredients like fruit liqueurs and lime.
Gold tequila is aged longer, with a woody flavor that tends to overwhelm other ingredients in this drink.
How to Make a White Christmas Margarita Pitcher Recipe?
- Prepare. Measure out the ingredients. Prepare the rims and garnishes.
- Combine. Take your pitcher, and place all the cocktail ingredients inside. Stir well.
- Serve. Pour over ice into the glasses and garnish as desired.
How Long do homemade margaritas last in the fridge?
If you keep it inside a tightly sealed container, this cocktail can last as long as three weeks. Note that the coconut cream will settle at the bottom, but that’s okay. Simply whisk again to incorporate.
More festive drink recipes:
- Christmas Punch Recipe – 5 minutes only!
- Spiced Buttered Rum
- Orange Cranberry Sangria
- Starbucks Pumpkin Latte Copycat
- Affogato Recipe (with Baileys)
Recipe tips and notes:
- Use silver (aka blanco) tequila, not gold.
- Garnish with red cranberries and a sprig of rosemary to make it look like a mistletoe on top of the drink.
- Try mixing it with herbs like mint or basil.
White Christmas Margarita
WhiteChristmas Margarita is a beautiful, festive cocktail featuringtequila, refreshing cranberry juice, and creamy coconut. This lushdrink will get you in the mood for the holidays!
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut water
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup coconut rum
- 2 Tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- Garnish: coconut flakes coarse salt, lime slices
In a large shaker, combine all ingredients. Shake well.
Place coconut flakes and salt on a flat plate.
Run a lime wedge around the edge of two glasses and dip into the coconut-salt mixture.
Place ice cube into the glasses and divide the cocktail mix between glasses.
Garnish edge of glass with a slice of lime.