Cheddar Ranch Cheese Ball is the perfect Holiday appetizer made of cheddar cheese, ranch seasoning, and obviously bacon! A super easy recipe to make with only a few ingredients that is guaranteed to be a huge hit with your friends and family!
With Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays around the corner, this appetizer is the way to go! There is not a better way to indulge yourself than with a delicious and loaded cheese ball plate. You can also try my other easy appetizers such as Taco Tortilla Roll-Ups, Bacon Wrapped Smokies, and Crispy Fried Brussels Sprouts.
Easy Cheddar Ranch Cheese ball
You have probably hosted a holiday party or a game day and thought about what would be the perfect snack for a larger crowd?! Well, the answer is simple. This easy Cheddar Ranch Cheese Ball is the perfect snack and appetizer that you can make in less than 10 minutes.
It is one of those recipes where you do not have to spend hours making to impress your friend. Also, it is quickly affordable, festive looking, and a perfect crowd-pleaser.
I have made this dish multiple times, and all the guests were very satisfied with it. First, it goes well with pretzels, chips, or you can dip veggies into it. Also, it is the perfect pair for a glass of wine. I like serving mine on a plate as a single ball. However, you can cut the cheese ball in half and serve it that way.
Another great thing about this dish is that you can make it in advance and not worry about it in the last minutes. Feel free to make it up to 2 days in advance, and simply store it in the fridge!
It will taste amazingly delicious! So for the upcoming Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday, give this a try, and you will see how easy and flavorful it is!
What do you need to make Cheddar Ranch Cheeseball?
You will need these ingredients:
- Cream cheese
- Dry ranch dressing mix
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Bacon bits (or use bacon crumbles)
- Chopped scallions
How to make Cheddar Ranch Cheese ball?
- This is a super quick and easy recipe. All you have to do is mix together the cream cheese, dry ranch seasoning, with shredded cheese, and green onion, in a large bowl. Then, add the bacon to it and mix well.
- Once the ingredients are well mixed, shape it into a ball. Then, place it in the refrigerator and chill for about 1-2 hours so it firms up.
- Enjoy it with crackers, chips, or veggies!
This recipe is very versatile and can be mixed with various other ingredients. Here is a list of some great additions:
- Cranberries: Being in the holiday season, it would be a nice addition to add some dried cranberries to the mixture. Simply, add about 1 or 2 tablespoons of dried cranberries when mixing the cream cheese. Not only will this give it a nice boost of fall flavors, but it will also give the dish a nice and festive color!
- Chopped nuts: Also, feel free to add various nuts to it. I like adding chopped pecans, almonds, or even pistachios.
- Veggies: Apart from green onions, feel free to add chives or parsley. You can also skip them if not a fan.
- Different cheeses: Other types can be added to it as well. Parmesan, Monterey Jack, or other types will work just fine in this recipe. So feel free to add your favorite kind.
- Jalapeño cheese ball: For a spicier kick, add some chopped jalapeños to the mix. Just adjust the amount based on your tolerance!
How to make mini cheese balls?
Additionally, this recipe can be divided into smaller cheese balls bites. Instead of making a large ball, simply mix the ingredients as in the recipe card instructions. Then, using a cookie scoop, scoop out even amounts of the cream cheese mixture and roll them to make smaller balls.
Prior to serving, refrigerate them as well for up to 2 hours.
What to serve with a Cheese Ball?
I love serving it with crackers, chips or vegetables such as cellary, or carrots.
How long is Cheddar Ranch Cheeseball good for?
- Because this recipe contains dairy products, it is recommended to consume it within 2 hours at room temperature. However, if you are serving this during hotter summer times, then put it away even sooner.
- To store leftovers, simply transfer the dish to an airtight container, and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Similarly, this dish can be frozen. Use a freezer-safe dish that is tightly sealed, and freeze it for 1-2 months. te better if you eat it fresh.
- It is important to use good quality and tasting cheese for this recipe. Since it is the main flavor here, try to go with a flavorful type.
- Also, I recommend going with aged cheese as the flavor will be sharper and more intense. It will complement well with a glass of wine!
- If you want to use nuts when decorating it, then coat it right before serving to keep the nuts crunchy.
Cheddar Ranch Cheese Ball
Cheddar Ranch Cheese Ball is the perfect Holiday appetizer made of cheddar cheese, ranch seasoning, and obviously bacon!
- 16 oz cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 packet dry ranch seasoning
- 1 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup Green onion diced
- 1 cup bacon cooked and crumbled
In a large bowl mix together cream cheese and dry ranch package until fully combined.
Add the shredded cheese, green onions, stir to combine. Finally, add the bacon and mix well.
Shape into a ball, cover with plastic wrap and preferably chill for 1-2 hours before serving.
Serve with crackers and crunchy veggies.