Starbucks Copycat Pumpkin Latte means you don’t have to wait for fall just to enjoy this seasonal Starbucks item! It’s creamy with a strong caffeine hit and infused with pumpkin flavor. Don’t forget the whipped cream!
‘Tis the season to enjoy holiday treats! Start the day right with some Eggnog French Toast then have fun with the kids by making these Christmas Trash Cookies. Don’t forget to indulge in this delicious Chocolate Mint Mousse!
Starbucks Pumpkin Latte Recipe
Starbucks Copycat Pumpkin Latte means the holidays are officially here! As much as I adore this festive drink, I don’t want to drive all the way to the nearest coffee shop just to enjoy it whenever the craving hits. And let’s be honest – Starbucks can get pretty expensive at a few dollars for only one cup.
Why spend a fortune on this fall drink when I can make it at home? With just a few ingredients and less than 10 minutes, you can make it from scratch and have enough to share! Best of all, you don’t have to wait for autumn because you can make it all year long.
What is a latte?
It’s a classic Italian beverage made with espresso shots and hot, steamed milk. You can have it iced or hot. Since it has more milk than coffee, it’s perfect for those who love caffeine but prefer their drinks on the creamier side.
Starbucks Pumpkin Latte ingredients:
- Pumpkin puree: You can use either from the can or DIY (roast the flesh then process until you achieve pureed consistency).
- Milk: Full cream is my preferred variety for this drink.
- Vanilla extract: Don’t skip this one! The vanilla adds a lovely smell and subtle flavor.
- Brown sugar: The molasses in brown sugar go perfectly with the spices.
- Pie Spice: Those warm autumn spices are a must for this beverage.
- Coffee: Use fresh brewed!
How to make Starbucks Pumpkin Latte?
- Steam the milk. In a pan, simmer milk until hot along with the sugar and puree while frequently stirring. Follow with the spices and vanilla.
- Froth with the coffee. Whisk the flavored milk with the fresh-brewed coffee until it becomes frothy.
- Serve. Take your favorite mugs and pour carefully. Top with whip plus a light dash of powdered cinnamon. Place sugar on the side to taste.
- Heat the milk. Mix everything, except the coffee, in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat for about a minute until frothy.
- Serve. Take your favorite mugs and pour carefully. Top with whip plus a light dash of powdered cinnamon or your desired garnish. Place sugar on the side to taste.
What else can you add to a Pumpkin Latte?
That’s the beauty of making it at home— you can customize it in so many ways! Here are some of my favorites:
- Increase or decrease caffeine: Add an extra espresso shot for a boost of energy. Alternatively, use a decaf espresso shot if you want the coffee taste but not the caffeine.
- Use flavored syrups: Mocha syrup makes it chocolatey! Caramel syrup is another tasty addition.
- Use other types of milk: for a dairy-free version, use soymilk, coconut milk, and other dairy-free milk
- Make it spicier with black pepper: You read that right! Many people swear by adding ground black pepper to the simmering milk for a more robust spice flavor.
How do you make a Pumpkin Spice Latte from scratch?
You start by simmering the milk with the spices and sweetener because steamed milk is essential to a latte. Once it’s hot, you add the hot coffee, pour into mugs, and garnish with your favorite toppings.
Best topping for Starbucks Pumpkin Latte?
Feel free to go crazy with the whip! Other delicious toppings are:
- Salted caramel drizzle
- Chocolate syrup
- Nutmeg powder
- Chocolate shavings
- More pie spice powder
What goes with Pumpkin Latte?
Can you make Starbucks Pumpkin Latte in advance?
Sure! Make the spiced milk in advance, then cool it down and store it in the fridge using a tightly sealed container. When ready to serve, reheat, top with hot brewed coffee, then garnish.
More festive drink recipes:
- Irish Coffee
- Affogato Recipe (with Baileys)
- Christmas Punch Recipe – 5 minutes only!
- Spiced Buttered Rum
- Orange Cranberry Sangria
- Make sure the milk doesn’t reach the boiling point, or it will curdle.
- Add puree to taste.
- If you don’t have brown, you can use white table sugar.
Starbucks Copycat Pumpkin Latte means you don’t have to wait for fall just to enjoy this seasonal Starbucks item! It’s creamy with a strong caffeine hit and infused with pumpkin flavor.
- 3 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup hot brewed strong coffee
- whipped cream
- cinnamon powder
Place a saucepan over medium heat and add milk, pumpkin puree, and brown sugar. Whisk to combine. Taste and adjust for sweetness.
Cook until hot and steamy, but DO NOT BOIL. Make sure you stir continuously.
Remove from heat, and stir in the pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract and coffee. Whisk until frothy.
Pour into two coffee mugs and garnish with whipped cream and cinnamon.