Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
Air Fryer Chicken Thighs are seasoned with garlic, parmesan, plus herbs and spices to give it a ton of flavor. Then, it’s air-fried until tender and juicy with the crispiest skin!
The air-fryer is great for quick dishes like this! It works like a mini convection oven, which makes it perfect for a wide range of recipes including Air Fryer Salmon, Air Fryer Zucchini Fries, and even Air Fryer French Toast Sticks!
Healthy Air Fryer Chicken Thighs Recipe
Air Fryer Chicken Thighs will have dinner ready in a flash! In about 30 minutes, these air-fryer thighs come out perfectly done with golden, crispy skin. Our spice mix gives the chicken so much flavor from the paprika, parmesan, chili, plus herbs.
No need to babysit the meat while it’s cooking – simply flip after 15 minutes, and relax while the air-fryer does all the work!
Finally, use this recipe to create your own flavor combos. For instance, try flavoring it with some ranch powder, a squeeze of lime and fajita seasoning for a Tex-Mex twist, or lots of dried chili flakes if you prefer it spicy. No matter how you like them, we’re sure this will be a weekday staple at your home!
Is air-frying raw chicken meat safe?
Yes. It’s just like cooking raw meat in the oven or on the skillet. As long as you cook the meat to the proper internal temp, it’s safe to do so.
How to make the best homemade Air Fryer Chicken Thighs?
- Season. After mixing the herbs, spices, and parmesan, coat the thighs in oil then roll in the seasoning blend.
- Cook. Place each piece in the air-fryer with the skin side down. Make sure you leave a gap at least an inch between them. Cook at 370F for 15 mins. Flip, then continue cooking for about 10-15 mins. more, or until the skin is as crispy as you like.
- Serve. Enjoy immediately with your favorite sauce and side!
At what temperature do you air fry chicken thighs?
In our air-fryer, we cook them at 370F. That level of heat is perfect for crisping up the skin without drying it out, while the inside gets done while staying moist.
Do you have to flip chicken when cooking them in the Airfryer?
Yes, please don’t forget to turn the pieces halfway through. This way, all the sides are evenly browned and cooked. This also allows you to check for doneness so you can pull them out if they’re already cooked to your liking.
Can I make these in the oven?
Sure! Bake at 350F for about 25-30 mins. You can add a few minutes if you like extra-crispy skin.
What to serve with air fried chicken thighs?
This is delicious with most sides! Enjoy a healthy meal by serving it with Fried Cabbage with Bacon, Broccoli Salad, or this colorful Beet Salad with Goat Cheese.
It’s also perfect with hearty pasta dishes like One Pot Garlic Parmesan Pasta and Pasta Primavera. In the mood for simple fare? Top the chicken thighs with homemade basil pesto and serve with air-fryer asparagus.
Once it’s cooled down, store in an air-tight container and keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
How do I use the air-fryer to reheat leftover chicken thighs?
To reheat these in the air-fryer, do so in slightly lower heat so you don’t dry out the meat. Pop them in at 350F for about 10 mins. until hot. You can flip, but it’s optional.
More chicken recipes to try:
- Firecracker Chicken Breast
- Honey Chicken
- Hot Chicken Salad
- Crispy Sesame Chicken
- Chick-Fil-A Chicken Nuggets Copycat
- Not sure if the meat is done? Stick a meat thermometer in there, and once it reads 165F, it’s safe to eat.
- Feel free to use different spices! For instance, we like using Cajun spices, spicing it up with cumin, adding some lemon zest, or a dash of cayenne for heat.
- Don’t forget to leave a small gap between the pieces, or they may not crisp up uniformly.
- We recommend cooking in batches if you’re doing a bigger meal instead of trying to fit it all in at one time.
- Since air-fryer brands and units have different wattages, please use the cooking time as a loose guide. Check the meat halfway through, and adjust as you see fit.
AirFryer Chicken Thighs are seasoned with garlic, parmesan, plus herbsand spices to give it a ton of flavor.
- 6 chicken thighs bone-in and skin on
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- dipping sauce for serving
Mix seasoning ingredients in a medium bowl.
Place chicken in a large bowl and toss with olive oil and seasoning.
Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees F. Arrange the chicken thighs in a single layer in the air fryer basket, skin side down, 2 inches apart from one from each other. Cook for 15 minutes.
Flip and cook an additional 10-15 minutes or until the temperature reaches 165 degrees F and the skin is crispy.
Serve with your favorite sauce.
Patricia @ Grab a Plate
What a great main dish in a short amount of time! The air fryer is so efficient to make good meals healthier (and easy to make)!
This is now one of the most requested at my house! So delicious!
Erin | Dinners,Dishes and Dessert
This chicken looks incredible! Crispy and delicious!
I need to use my airfryer more! This looks incredible
This is the best way to make chicken thighs! So much flavor and they stay so juicy.
These are so perfectly seasoned!
Yummy! These chicken thighs are so delicious and have the perfect flavor. Can’t wait to make these again and I love using my air fryer for so many recipes!