Air Fryer Zucchini Fries are seasoned with Parmesan cheese and smoked paprika, then cooked to golden, crispy perfection. A fantastic side, appetizer, or snack!
These are a tasty, healthy alternative way to add crunch to your usual sandwiches and wraps! Try them as a side to this creamy Turkey Salad sandwich, Cheesy Chicken Fajita Quesadilla, and Rotisserie Chicken Tacos.
Crispy Zucchini Fries
Air Fryer Zucchini Fries are really healthy for you, but don’t underestimate the taste. We’re rolling these in a Parmesan-paprika mixture, so they’re salty, cheesy, and crunchy outside while being tender and light inside. Even the pickiest eaters in our family beg for more every time we make these— they’re that good!
In my house, we often make these as a snack with dips on the side. However, they’re also wonderful as appetizers and as a veggie side dish for burgers, salads, roasts, and other mains. If you’re not a fan of zucchini, I guarantee that these crispy, Parmesan-coated, golden fries are about to change your mind!
Are Air fryer zucchini fries healthy?
Yes, especially versus the usual fried potatoes. They’re extremely low in calories and carbs. Since we’re only spraying them very lightly with olive oil to help them crisp up, they’re very low in fat as well.
By itself, zucchini is also loaded with fiber, a ton of nutrients and has been linked to better eye health, diabetes management, and weight loss. In short, this dish is excellent for you!
Air Fryer zucchini fries ingredients:
- Zucchini: Aka courgettes, slice them into fry-shape about 0.5 inch thick.
- Breading: Almond flour, some grated parmesan cheese, plus a dash of paprika and a little salt.
- Olive oil spray: To help the breading stick to the veggie sticks and form a crispy crust.
Do You Have to Peel Zucchini For Zucchini Fries?
No need! We just wash them carefully and slice them directly. The peel allows this watery vegetable to retain its structure. Its dark green color also looks so beautiful underneath the golden crust.
How to make Air Fryer Zucchini Fries?
- Coat. Spray the veggies with oil. After whisking together the breading ingredients, dredge the sticks really well in them.
- Air fry. Arrange them in the basket, making sure they’re in one layer and not touching. These will take about 7 to 10 minutes at 400F. Check at the halfway mark and air-fry until crispy, crunchy, and golden.
- Serve. Enjoy plain or with your favorite dips! Also terrific as a side dish or finger food for parties/appetizer.
Can you bake zucchini fries in the oven?
Follow the recipe, then arrange the seasoned vegetable fries on a sheet pan. Bake in a 400F oven for 18 to 20 minutes. Make sure to flip halfway, so both sides cook evenly.
Dipping sauces to serve with zucchini fries:
We love these with dips! We recommend the following:
- Barbecue Sauce
- Ranch Dip
- Blue Cheese Dip
- Big Mac Sauce
- Chick-fil-A Sauce Copycat
- Easy Salsa
- Cheese Sauce
What to serve with zucchini fries?
Aside from dipping sauces, we also love eating these as a side dish. These fries are extra delicious with Buffalo Chicken Sloppy Joes, Bacon Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes, French Dip Grilled Cheese Sandwich, Chick-Fil-A Chicken Nuggets Copycat, and Deli-Style Shrimp Salad between a fresh croissant.
More Air Fryer Recipes to try:
- Try other seasonings! These are delicious with dried Italian herbs, some cayenne and chili powder if love spicy food, a dash of curry spice mix, taco powder, Cajun seasoning for a Southern twist, cumin, and more.
- Almond flour makes this dish, but feel free to use other types of flour as well. For those not on a low-carb plan, you can use regular flour, Panko breadcrumbs, or seasoned Italian breadcrumbs.
- Before seasoning and coating the vegetables, dry them out as much as you can! This helps them get crispy instead of soggy.
- Leave a little space between each fry so that all the sides come in contact with the hot air circulating inside the basket.
- Don’t bother peeling the vegetables since the peel is edible and has a great color and texture. Just wash really well and blot out extra moisture.
Air Fryer Zucchini Fries are seasoned with Parmesan cheese and smoked paprika, then cooked to golden, crispy perfection.
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder optional
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Oil for spraying olive or oil of choice
Pinch of salt and pepper
Oil for spraying olive or oil of choice
Cut the zucchini in half and into sticks that resemble fries.
In a shallow bowl, combine all the seasoning ingredients.
Dredge zucchini in the beaten egg and then in the almond flour mixture and place on a baking sheet. Generously spray zucchini with cooking spray.
Working in batches, add the zucchini fries in a single layer in the air fryer and cook for 10 minutes at 400F, or until crispy.